__________________________________________________________________________



01 February 2010

I like the fact that you talk incessantly...

"I like the fact that you talk incessantly..."

I have a paper due in political science this evening, but I cannot seem to muster the energy needed to write the remaining 800 words I need to conclude it. Not to mention the fact that my political science instructor seems to very much dislike me. It wouldn't be the first time, and likely won't be the last. While I don't strive to make people dislike me, I am realizing it's fruitless to fight some of them. My personality or my goals, or my hair, are all enough to incite feelings of negativity toward me, apparently.

It's been awhile since I got on here and updated. I hardly have posted in this journal since I revived it from the purgatory deleted journals go. Incidentally, nothing too interesting has happened.

I have recently downloaded the Amazon Kindle application on my iPhone, after seeing a post from my dear friend Missy about it on her Facebook. I am currently re-reading Chuck Palahniuk's Fight Club, which is one of my very favorite books. I now spend far too much money and time on my iPhone. I should be doing much more productive things, but cannot help it. Since I haven't been able to meet with my rabbi recently, it has helped fill the holes as I can read some of my assigned reading in my spare time at campus or at the doctor's office or what have you, without packing an arsenal of books in my handbag.

It's February. I cannot believe it's already February.

I am married to a veteran, officially, now. I am not sure how I feel about that. To quote my favorite book about teenage angst, "I am both happy and sad and I am still trying to figure out how that could be." This articulates my feelings about it very well. The last 6+ years of my life have been dictated by the Marine Corps. Even with the reserves, it was still all about the Marine Corps. Will he have to reschedule his midterms to work around drill, will we be able to take a trip because of drill, will A/T come after or before finals...

He has spent half our marriage gone, someplace or another. Three deployments, and countless training operations, schools, etc. and now we're free. And I am...numb. I realize that part of my identity lies with Casey being a Marine. I have been a Marine wife since I was 19, just barely an adult, and probably not an adult in maturity. I suffered through an eleven-month deployment to hell (Fallujah), during the worst part of the war thus far (Phantom Fury and the second battle for Fallujah), and now I am free. He is free! Why aren't I ecstatic? I am sure it will come in time.

I am thinking that as I get closer to becoming a librarian that this will come, four terms left of my undergrad! Then I just have to get through my 1.5-2 year MLIS program.

I am just rambling now. That political science paper is staring at me from the task bar, heckling me. I best get back to it...

No comments:

Post a Comment